Include Total/All Button when using Sections on Reports

Lawrence Brown shared this idea 7 years ago
Idea Logged

One of my favourite features in Yellowfin is to use Sections to split dimensional data.

If possible (or if it can already be done let me know how to do it) can an automated total/all section be included so you can view the total and then click on the respective part.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for raising this idea. However, I am a little confused as to what specifically you would like to see or have added within the sectioned reports. Currently, in 'section formatting' there is the option to define a 'section summary' that provides a second table in the output, summarizing the sections and allowing you to click between them. The 'Grand Totals' option provides a summed total for each section and can be viewed below the final section.

b8595b8cd48c605ad921673e3c57f5c1

a54ccfe64961432dccca516a71fdfe55

Are either of these options what you are looking for? If not, if you could please provide me with a little more information on the functionality you are seeking, we can look into raising this idea with our product team.

Thank you,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your quick response.

I've attached a file of what I mean, apologies for the confusion.

photo

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for the clarification. I believe that this is a valid candidate for future enhancement. This idea will now be open to community voting, and if the product team selects it for development, the idea status will change accordingly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and do not hesitate to reach out with any other ideas or questions.

Nathan

photo

Great thanks, hoipefuly can get some traction in the community.

photo

It has been a while since this has been addressed... Is there any traction with this in development?

-Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

No updates as yet on this exact feature. Though there are ways to get a similar result by either;

Using a section grand total (total will show above the sections):

/5dc35777b9c391a9751776636cfbb79e

Or using co-display reports, where each report would display a different data set, and the last report would be a total.

/dde4a6f5191d027978ab018abf2386ed

While I understand there is a bit more work involved with the above, it does give you the look/feel you were after.

Hopefully one of the above options can suffice until we implement a native feature for a TOTAL tabbed style, rather than a top summary.I've added you to the watch list also.

Thanks for the feedback Zack and please let us know if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file