Deleted broadcast schedules

Nick shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

This is in reference to a follow up question I had regarding the following post:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/deleted-broadcasts

Basically, we have a situation where the broadcast schedule is not appearing under the schedule management window, but is there in the broadcast report.

Recreating the broadcast also doesn't create any record under the schedule management window, and it was found that the record was actually missing from the taskschedule table which makes sense.

However, we would like to know if there is a way to track who deleted the broadcast if that was the case. Is this possible at all by any chance?

I've checked the logs when a broadcast is deleted, and I couldn't see any record being written to the Event table, which was where I was guessing the info would be if it did.

Thanks,

Nick

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I have looked into this and elements of this can be found within the event table. If the broadcast is deleted from the Schedule Management window then this will create a record within the event table with and eventcode of DELETESCHEDULE, the IpSource of this record is the IpPerson ID from the person table. If you delete the broadcast from the report this is not logged.

In your described scenario where these broadcasts are not showing in Schedule Management, this is unusual as creating any broadcast creates a record in the taskschedule table. I have tested this with both normal and personal broadcasts and can confirm that they both create records and therefore show in the Schedule Management window.

Could you let me know your process for creating these and in which version of Yellowfin?

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Hi Nathan,

Hope you are well and thanks for info.

Version is 7.3 2180801

Weird. I don't see any eventcode DELETESCHEDULE when broadcast email is deleted.

My steps are:

-Create Broadcast > Email

-Leave frequency as default

-Delete broadcast

I could only see RPTBROADCASTCREATE in Event table

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thank you for confirming these points.

I have tested this within the same version as yourself, it appears that the auditing functions that create DELETESCHEDULE records in the event table are not available in your current version.

I have also tested that when creating a broadcast in the 7.3 this does create a record in the task schedule table.

At this point with your current version I don't believe we will be able to get the auditing details you are looking for.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Thanks Nathan

photo

Hi Nick,

I hope you are well.

Are you happy for me to mark this question as answered/

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Hi Nathan,

Please go ahead. Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have now marked this ticket as Answered.

I hope you have a great week.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

Leave a Comment

Attach a file