Is there a way to export / import OrgReferenceCodes?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys,

I've created some reference codes by myself, who has a lot of lines on my test enviroment. With this said, I tried to export to our clients on a production enviroment after the test was finished, but for my surprise, there's no way to export using the standard feature. Is there another way to copy those reference codes?

I've noticed that theres 2 tables in SQL Database whose names are OrgReferenceCode and OrgReferenceCodeDesc. Can these lines be an answer to my question?

Thanks in advance.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

I was able to find a related ticket in our community -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/ability-to-only-migrate-reference-codes

So based on this, it sounds like reference codes are included in the view, so you could use this to import/export the reference codes.

There is an enhancement request, that is attached to this ticket -

"Would be awesome if there was a way to migrate reference codes At the moment, these codes will come with a view, but what if you don't want to migrate a view?"

This would add "reference code" as an object to export and import. This may be the functionality you're looking for.

You're right though, this task priority has been assessed as low, due to the fact that -

"Note: Looks like you can manually move the relevant records from the following 2 tables

-OrgReferenceCodeDesc

-OrgReferenceCode"

So I could add you as an affected client to the task, and you could "like" the current Idea we have for this in the community, to give it an extra push for developers, and/or you could use this manual migration in the meantime as a valid workaround (please have working backups and use caution running queries on the back-end, as it can cause irrevocable damage to your system and is not technically supported). Is there a way you'd like to proceed in this case?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Also - any SQL and Schedule used to generate the Reference Codes is NOT exported - this needs fixing as well

photo

Thanks a lot for your informations.

As we have a workaround, I'm gonna do this while you guys will make the improvements.

photo
photo

Hi Renato,

I'll go ahead and add your organization as an affected client, and attach this ticket to the task. If you would like to receive updates to the task, you can subscribe to the original idea post.

Also you can find the schedules in the taskschedule and reporttask tables.

086394d5176735a0537bf362c8bbd699

5b28178f1b3b77807329a432bc0ad0f7

reference code schedule SQL queries can be found in the textentity table -

718948b8acbe492e9f86fc54e7681150

Hopefully this helps with manual migrations in the meantime?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Renato,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Answered at this time, be sure to subscribe to the aforementioned Idea post for updates to the task, and feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file