Admins to have Delete access to all private reports.

Dor David Makmal shared this idea 4 years ago
Not Planned

Hey

Maybe, a better enhancement will be adding a "Reports" section to the Admin Console, where you can edit permissions, edit the report, delete it - or just having the option to delete that report.

I can understand you when you say "deleting private reports" without a permission is a bad solution, because me saying "Admin" - in the eyes of a developer - is just a role. And a role doesn't have a special flag in the metadb, it's just what you control it to be via the Admin Console.

BUT - having that section in the console - I think that would solve it.

We really got tired from asking people if they're using a, or some reports, or if they can delete their draft and find out they're not in today or this week. Most of the time we receive a reply that "......not using it anymore, you can definitely delete it" - and find we don't have permission to do so, again - as admins only.

We do sometimes have a procedure to batch-delete everything that is not being used for the last 3 months or more, but it would be great if we could delete things when we need to.

Thanks!

Replies (2)

photo

Hey Dor,

I hope you are well!

This has now been raised as an idea within the community and also with the devs. I have attached the dev task ID to this idea and will update you as/when there is any progress, here.

I hope this is ok!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Dor,

I have some good news for you!

Basically I have recently been informed by a developer that another idea already exists that will allow your requirements.

The other idea is to create a super user that is able to view/access/delete/edit all content, no matter the restrictions set. I reckon that, that idea will be better suited for your needs. So, I will be marking this idea as 'not planned' as it is basically a duplicate of the other idea. I have now added you as a voter to the other idea so that you will be able to follow along with it with any updates.

Also, here is a link to the idea < This Idea is being spoke about internally and although within the community there is a comment that says this is not planned yet, this is in fact being talked about internally and has a target version for a future release. Though i cannot disclose the target version just yet as things are still being worked out!

I hope this is ok :)

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file