Is it possible to change Report title dynamically ?

mounika shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellowfin Team,

Am trying to do change report title dynamically , Is it possible to change Report title dynamically ?

Replies (9)

photo

Hello Mounika,

At this time, it is not possible to do this.

May I ask why you would be looking to do this?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi peter,

Thanks for your response,

While exporting a report to pdf, it should dynamically get from date and to date accordingly data present in the report.

please find the attached file.

photo

Hello,

I'll raise this as an Idea to allow a date to be appended to an exported file keeping the report name the same.

This will also prevent overwriting of the file.

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your replay,

when can we expect this output

photo

Hi Mounika,

As this is raised as an Idea, it is open to the community to vote on it - as ideas gain popularity, they get bumped up the priority list for the dev team to look at.

Unfortunately, I can't give you a timescale for when the dev team will implement this.

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response,

Ok am waiting for your reply

photo

Hi Mounika,

we have been discussing this request and unfortunately we are disagreeing as to what it is you want! So, to help us resolve our argument, could you please tell us which of the 2 examples below is the requirement you want:

1) you have a report called "Sales".

you set its filter values to "GREATER THAN 01/01/2016" and "LESS THAN 31/12/2016" and run the report

you export the report to PDF and the file generated is called "Sales - "GREATER THAN 01/01/2016" and "LESS THAN 31/12/2016"

(i.e. the PDF filename appends the filter date values to the report name)

2) you have a report called "Sales".

you export it to PDF on 27/01/2017 and the file created is called "Sales - 27/01/2017"

the next week you export it again, and the file created is called "Sales - 03/02/2017"

(i.e. the PDF filename appends the date of the export to the report name)

sorry for our confusion

regards,

David

photo

Hi Mounika,

I'm just cleaning up my worklist and I noticed this ticket has been stuck in the "Awaiting Reply" status for a month. Would you like this ticket closed now?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Mounika,

it's been a week since my last communication about the status of this ticket and there has been no response, so I'm going to close it, however if you feel that is incorrect then just respond and then the ticket will re-open and appear back on my worklist.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file