Cascading advanced function

Marc Daverat shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi

I have a report with 3 columns A, B and C. Columns B and C are caculated on sub requests with different filters.

I would like to calculate A + B - C

Using difference advances function to calculate B-C works fine, but when I want to add this result A, I get A + B. It seems I cannot cascade Advanced functions.

Any hit on this ?

Kind regards,

Marc

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Marc,

Apologies for the delay. Can I clarify that B is on a sub-query with its own filter and then C is on another sub-query with its own filter? So that you have a main query A and 2 sub queries B and C? I don't believe this will be possible, but if you can send through an example of what you are working with I can check with one of our consultants to see if this can be achieved for you.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

You’re correct : on main quiery and 2 sub quieries. The only workaround I see at this time would be either to implement a 3 columns based advanced function - if you have some example on this, you.re welcome, or to save the report as a view.

Kind regards,

Marc

Marc Daverat

Valuable Data - Operation & Solutions

+33 6 81 45 72 11

De : Support Queue <support@yellowfin.bi>

Envoyé : jeudi, décembre 5, 2019 5:18 AM

À : marc.daverat

Objet : New Comment in "Cascading advanced function"

photo

Hi MArc,

Apologies for the delay in my reply. I have created the following report which seems to work as expected. I have a main query (A - Open) with Date and an Open stock price, the first sub query (B - Volume) has a greater than filter on a Volume column, the 3rd sub query (C - Close) is a Close stock value with a greater than filter as well.

/2b0e4f56a4d0a4d08b2511b00a1f60b2

I have then gone back to the main query (A) and added in a Calculated Field with the following formula selecting the columns from the Appends or Master Query (see the image below the formula):

SUM ( Open + Volume) - Close

/3caee7c874b9642fab5f638c6b708871

Hopefully this gives you some guidance on this, please let me know if you need any further explanation or if you run into any issues.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Mark,

Happy new year. Just wanted to check in and see if the notes I provided earlier helped you get the outcome you were looking for? Was there anything else I can help with on this?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Marc,

Just wanted to check in and see if the notes I provided earlier helped you get the outcome you were looking for? Was there anything else I can help with on this?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Marc,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thanks Neal. Yes, please close it.

Kind regards,

Marc

Marc Daverat

Valuable Data - Operation & Solutions

+33 6 81 45 72 11

De : Support Queue <support@yellowfin.bi>

Envoyé : lundi, février 17, 2020 11:27 PM

À : marc.daverat