Update Renamed Fields on View Replacement Import

Mike Ryan shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

I made changes to a View and renamed 2 fields and moved them to a new Field Category folder.

I then import this View into production to replace an existing View. I received the error that the renamed fields were "missing" and after import these fields were removed from existing reports.

Can we implement a feature to mitigate this?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for reaching out with your Idea. Worth noting for other readers here is that when editing a View, these changes automatically propagate to existing reports. If one were to export all reports based on the updated View during this process and replace all target reports, this should effectively mitigate the issue.

As revealed in the private ticket, in cases where Client Organizations may be creating their own local reports this isn't always an option.

I'll keep this post updated with further information regarding a decision on this Idea.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Danielle,

I believe this issue has since been resolved as I've been running tests with view replacements, where columns were renamed, and added.

In both cases the existing reports did not break and were looking at the relevant columns. This is because when importing, YF tries to match UUID for the object, if that cannot be matched it relies on name/data type of the raw column.

I know it's been a while so just wanted to check in and see.

Thanks,

David

photo

Thanks for letting me know, David :)

photo

Np, please let me know if you see issues with this in the future!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file