Is there a way to filter reports on a Story?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys,

I'm testing the Stories feature, and it's preety awesome, but I cannot find any way to use filters on the reports I've added to it. I also test "drills", and it's working fine, but I didn't manage to use filters. Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Renato,

I hope all is well,

Yes we can use Filters, however this would be in the form of:

Bookmark - A live report with pre-set filters. This will also allow you to use the drill options.

Snapshot - A saved copy of report data.

More information can be found in our YF Wiki. With this, please see my below examples of reports with filters used with Bookmarks and Snapshots within our Stories:

5975af04e6a5587796c05de201c6dae7

--

ca09e97962c75b24182ce0694ab7990d

Let me know if this helps Renato, I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Renato,

I hope all is well,

Yes we can use Filters, however this would be in the form of:

Bookmark - A live report with pre-set filters. This will also allow you to use the drill options.

Snapshot - A saved copy of report data.

More information can be found in our YF Wiki. With this, please see my below examples of reports with filters used with Bookmarks and Snapshots within our Stories:

5975af04e6a5587796c05de201c6dae7

--

ca09e97962c75b24182ce0694ab7990d

Let me know if this helps Renato, I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

This may be a solution for now, because I'm only on a test enviroment.

Can I sugest this as an improvement?

photo

Hi Renato,

I have came across this idea, that was raised by one of our clients. They also have requested filtering within Stories, however I also read this:

"It was stated that "Linking reports isn't something we intended to allow people to do in Stories because it's meant to be a story about mostly static data," so we're looking for a rather compelling reason that this would be beneficial when this can mostly be done already in Dashboards."

This can also be linked to filtering. However Have a little read of the idea mentioned and let me know where we stand.

Going forward I would highly recommend my alternative options mentioned in my previous post.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Renato,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you need any further assistance with this ticket raised. If you can let me know where you stand with this I would appreciate this greatly.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Sorry to let you waiting. It wasn't my intention. I was working on an error on Yellowfin and only now I finished solving it.

About this ticket, the bookmark is a helpful feature, but I cannot left to say that I would like more if there was filters available in Stories. Anyway, this works for now and I'm gonna try to convince our client to use this way.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help.

photo

Hi Renato,

Thank you for the update. I am pleased we got there-ish and we have a possible workaround. I will now go ahead and mark this Question as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file