Follow up users by timeline

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this problem 4 years ago
Completed

Hi guys,

I've updated a client with the new Yellowfin Release after a lot of tests, but something just passed our test enviroment. We were used to follow up some users by looking over their timeline. After update to Yellowfin 8.0.3, when I click "Show Timeline" as the print bellow, the Yellowfin just reload the page to our own timeline instead of the users timeline.

61de4ae97fa3381fb557f6017faa61ec

Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks for reaching out. I am able to replicate this and have gone ahead and raised a defect for this.

In the mean time, while it is an extra step, you can search for the desired user in the 'Search Timeline' box towards the top left of the screen:

/AQsUDn5cZ1AsAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

You can then click on the user on your Timeline, which will bring you to their Timeline. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards, Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I hope all is well!

Sorry to ressurrect this post, but I have to say that when you said that this was an issue, I didn't tested your solution until this very day.

When I click on the "Search Timeline" and enter some user name, the results never show any user on Yellowfin. I noticed that in your Yellowfin, there's some kind of configuration button on the left of the editBox, but this doesn't exist in my instance. Is there anything I'm missing?

d2b2314a500b8d55d6fd4663ccef03acThanks in advance.

photo

Hi Renato,

That's not an edit box - that's what Yellowfin looks like when you have it set Left Side Navigation (see Navigation Styles Wiki), as opposed to the Toolbar Navigation style you have configured.

You should be able to search strings of anything found on your timeline. Are you sure GSA appears in your Timeline? If you remove the search and look through your actual Timeline do you ever see "GSA"? Try searching for a word you see when you load the timeline and let me know if that works.

For example, your original screenshot features the word "Triagem":

/cb728ddb93fcd37f484efcff82202cdd

Do you see results when you search that?

Regards,

Mike

photo

If I try to put terms in my timeline like "Triagem", the search works fine, but if I try to put an Yellowfin username, the search does not return anything from the search.

photo

Hi Renato,

Does for example "GSA" actually show up on the Timeline though? The string has to actually appear on the Timeline as this is not technically a user search, i.e., this is a workaround, and it's just searching strings that are displayed on the Timeline.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I thought this feature would allow us to search for users and see what they're doing.

In that case, is there any table in the Yellowfin Database I can use to see this info?

photo

Hi Renato,

Nope, this was a workaround to try and find corresponding user activity in the Timeline, but the caveat is that the entry on the Timeline has to contain that string. The Defect that would allow you to do this from the Timeline the standard way still stands.

Unfortunately, while yes, technically everything you'd see on the timeline is stored somewhere in the config db, there would be no simple way to easily relate recent specific user activity to anywhere near the extent that you can on the Timeline. What I did do though is add an additional comment in the task that this was brought back up and also raised the Priority as I recognize this to be a high-visibility item for anyone interested in, or currently using, one of our more prominent collaboration features. Sorry there's nothing more immediate on this though. I hope to have something for you soon.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file