Option to restrict the use the column for users is available

Pushpal Kumbhare shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Option to restrict the use the column for users is available. But it is only while developing the report. This should be available for developed reports as well. So that a set of users should not see those restricted columns

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Pushpal,

Yellowfin offers column level security at the view level. Currently the way that Yellowfin is designed, if a specific column is not available to a user or user group, those users will not be able to create a report using that column. However, if someone who has access to that column creates a report with that column in it, then shares it with users who did not have access to that column, those users will be able to see the column in the report's output. This is covered in more detail on our wiki page:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8061141

If you wish to adjust column level security at the report output level, it will be necessary to create a separate, limited report for the users who are not allowed access.

I hope that I have answered your question. If I have missed the mark, it would be helpful if you could provide us with a little more information pertaining to what specific functionality you are seeking, including screenshots or sample reports.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Pushpal,

I was just wondering if you have had any luck in resolving this issue? Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you would be okay with me closing this ticket.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file