What location intelligence is available in Yellowfin?

Steve shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Are there methods within Yellowfin to filter nearest 10 locations on a map or does the calculation have to be done outside of Yellowfin.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out. The most succinct answer I can give is that, if based on your data set you can return the nearest 10 locations via a SQL query, then it will likely be possible within Yellowfin. If not, then it may not be so simple and will likely require some sort of data manipulation so that that result you're looking for can be returned via SQL. Essentially, you'll always be executing SQL queries, so you can't really search on a map like you'd do in say Google or Yelp.

Hopefully this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Steve,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this. Do you have any other questions on this, or are we okay to close this case out?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Steve,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file