Share reports in an Amazon AWS marketplace installation

Daniele Donnini shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello,

The only think not working is that the login form shows up, insteand of the report.

I'm following these instructions:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/YFForum-How-to-give-external-users-access-to-a-report-thread-100865

Everything is set to public, the guest user exists but it keeps asking to be logged in (and if I log in it works).

Maybe it is something related to the multicast feature (I think it's disabled in the license of the AWS Marketplace)

Thanks in advance for your time.

Daniele

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Daniele,

In order to make reports publicly accessible to non-user accounts, you will need a multicast license. As this allows you to dramatically increase your user base without going through Yellowfin's normal user managemet, it is typically only included in server level licenses. I would recommend getting a hold of your account manager for more details on this.

Once you receive the appropriate license, uploading the license file can be done easily through the license manager in the administration console.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

it makes sense but how can I find out who my account manager is?

Thanks,

Daniele

photo

Hi Daniele,

Typically the account manager is your primary point of contact when you initially sign a contract with us. Are you currently evaluating Yellowfin or have you purchased a license already?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Well it all started from the AWS Marketplace, if think I'm in the evaluating group.

Regards,

Daniele

photo

Hi Daniele,

As I mentioned earlier, licensing questions are typically dealt with by our Sales / Account Management staff. Since we are a little unclear as to where you lie on this spectrum, I am going to go ahead and pass your information along to my colleague Shane who will be able to figure this out and answer any questions you might have in this regard.

If he does not get a hold of your, or if there is anything else I can do to help here, please let me know!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan, nothing yet, can we accelerate this, please?

I attach my license.

Thank you very much!

Daniele

photo

Hi Daniele,

Sorry to hear that, I have sent another message to Shane, as well as our sales staff in the UK. Hopefully someone will get a hold of you soon.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

still no one has knocked at my door :D

Daniele

photo

Hi Daniele,

Apparently one of our staff in the UK, Ian Lawson, has tried to get a hold of you multiple times via email. Have these made it through? If not I would suggest emailing him directly:

ian.lawson@yellowfin.bi

Please let me know if this works for you!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

we did it, I've just sent an email to Ian, thank you very much for your patience!

Daniele

photo

Hi Daniele,

Glad to hear it!! I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file