Advanced broadcasts not triggering

Brendan Codrington shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hi, we have advanced broadcasts set up for clients on two different YF instances using 7.4 build 20180313 (plans to apply latest patch is in train!). In both cases, the recipient list has a recipient email address and a job reference field, and the broadcasted report applies that job reference as a filter to the broadcast.

We've been getting mixed behaviour with these broadcasts - they don't appear to run at the scheduled time, but do run when triggered manually or when a test broadcast is set up to a single recipient (on a recipient report).

One report, schedule to run every Monday and Thursday @8am, didn't trigger either times and aren't in the broadcast audit logs as running (via YF admin views).

Is this a known defect fixed in one of the 7.4 patches (can't find any in change logs directly addressing it), or would the advanced broadcast potentially run better if the email addresses were in the broadcasted report and it referred to itself for sending?

Thanks,

Brendan

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. I am not aware of this being reported before and I have done some testing locally with no issues on the same build.

Can you please send through a copy of you logs around those times so I can take a look? It would also be good to get an idea of how large each of these reports are and how log they take to run when you run them manually, just to try and understand what is causing them to fail. Can you also advise how many clients are receiving these broadcasts and how many email address these go out to? It could be that the system is trying to create all the individual reports to be emailed out in one batch before trying to send them all and timing out eventually.

If you can upload your logs to ftp.yellowfin.bi, I will see if I can get anything more out of those and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thanks Neal, it's a coordinated effort to get those logs out before they get overwritten so I'll have to work with the dev team to get them out. I'll look at doing that and update this ticket accordingly once done.

Cheers,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Touching base with you to see if you've had any luck getting hold of these logs?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal, thanks for following up. The tricky thing is that the advanced broadcasts appear to be running successfully now (at a broadcast/schedule management level), and if they don't we only have narrow window of time to grab the logs before they get overwritten.

That said, I've worked out a way to report on broadcast results per recipient through the audit views so I might use this to monitor these advanced broadcasts to confirm they are working or otherwise in the first instance. Happy to close this ticket for now and can revisit if I am unable to confirm if they are sending or why if they aren't in the future.

Kind regards,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Good to hear they are running for now and you have a plan in place for checking them out. Let me know if you do end up needing any further help on this one.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file