Hyperlink Color

Stelios Tsallas shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Can we implement a way to control the color of hyperlink fields in Yellowfin? This should include Drill fields.

We're finding that hyperlinks against conditional formatting cells are hard to read depending on the cell color.

It would be nice to have control of this, or for Yellowfin to dynamically adjust font color vs. background color.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Stelios,

Not that I have tried this, but have you looked into loading a custom css file that overrides the default colour of hyperlinks?

photo

Raised as an Idea within JIRA: YFN-7389

photo

Update:

Speaking to our team we have figured out that the below CSS will allow users to alter the hyperlink colour for specific reports;

td.alert70907 a{
color:white
}
td.alert70909 a{
color:black
}

So alert70909 in this case is the alertId for this specific conditional formatting colour. Any table row with >5 applied, will get that conditional formatting, any row with another conditional formatting will get the id of that format.

In order to determine the id, you can either inspect the element of the table (right click inspect and find that specific div) or go to the reportalert table in the config.

I will also update this JIRA ID status to be set to High. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this - will try it and will let you know if there is still a problem.

photo

Hi Stelios,

Thanks for the update, I will await your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I've tried the following which has actually worked for every report without the need of checking the alertid:

td[class*="alert"] a {

color: white;

}

Is above rule likely to break anything else? Can you please confirm that?

Can this be controlled by Yellowfin in future release?

Thanks

photo

Hi Stelios,

Thank you for confirming all is well. Looking at this further I can't see how this would affect anything else within Yellowfin, this appears to be a very good work around to this issue.

With regards to having this implemented within YF itself, this is still raised as an Idea, something of which I have brought to the attention of our Dev team by raising this to High.

Regards,

Mark

photo

How can this actually be applied?

photo

Hi Daniel,

CSS can be applied to Yellowfin through the customcss folder... more information can be found here.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Ah I see now.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Daniel,

No problem.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file