Assigning Group issue.

shahul samad shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

We are using Web service to create user, assign a role and group to the user.

We have Multiple groups ( Administrator, Area Manager, Corporate, Store Manager etc..)

When we create a new user and assign it to Store Manager Group, user gets created and role assigned, but user is not added to Store Manager Group. I have to manually assign the user in Store Manager group. Issue only started recently.

However, we don't have this issue with any other groups.

We are using LDAP authentication and I can see the user correctly assigned to the group in LDAP as well.

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Shahul,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

Just to clarify, Your expected behavior is to have the Store Manager group user from LDAP to the "Store Manager" group in Yellowfin, correct?

And the "automatic" group mapping to this particular "Store Manager" group was working previously?

Is the affected user a member of any other LDAP groups that are defined as Yellowfin groups? In this case, this is a known defect.

Would you be able to provide a compressed copy of your logs folder for analysis?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Just to clarify, Your expected behavior is to have the Store Manager group user from LDAP to the "Store Manager" group in Yellowfin, correct? Yes

And the "automatic" group mapping to this particular "Store Manager" group was working previously? Yes

Is the affected user a member of any other LDAP groups that are defined as Yellowfin groups? In this case, this is a known defect. All the new users thar are being created having this issue and they are not member of any other LDAP groups.

Would you be able to provide a compressed copy of your logs folder for analysis? Unable to attach file here, File size is 89MB

Thanks,

photo

Hi Shahul,

You can upload the logs folder to our ftp server at ftp.yellowfin.bi

Just use the upload files button, and indicate the filename in a reply here.

For context, were there any changes made in your environment recently that seem to correlate, for example a software or OS update?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I have uploaded the file (SummitBILogs)

No, there is no change in our environment recently.

Thanks.

shahul

photo

Hi Eric,

Can I please get an update??

Thanks.

Regards

shahul

photo

HI Shahul,

Apologies for my delay, the US office was closed for a federal holiday yesterday.

Would you be able to provide an approximate time you added the user to the group, or attempted the user login for context?

Also if you have an estimated date for when this issue started occurring?

looking at your logs, there are numerous recent entries indicating the Task Manager is "full" -

YF:2019-11-08 09:40:17: WARN (TaskScheduler:addTaskToQueue) - Execution submission rejected, tasks Running: 5, Waiting Tasks: 20, Wait Queue Capacity: 0
YF:2019-11-08 09:40:17: WARN (TaskScheduler:addTaskToQueue) - Execution submission rejected, tasks Running: 5, Waiting Tasks: 20, Wait Queue Capacity: 0

This may be preventing the web service from applying the desired changes as expected.

Could you provide output of the <Url:port>/info_cache.jsp and <url:port>/info_threads.jsp pages to help determine if there is a particular task that is "hanging" in the application?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

No worries Eric, hope you had a good weekend.

This is happening for every new user. Roughly it started 2 months back, not sure about exact date. I have attached the files as per your request.

photo

Hi Eric,

Is it possible to organise a time for screen sharing, I can explain the issue better this way and I believe it would be a simple fix.

Regards

Shahul

photo

Hi Eric,

I have found the issue (Issue was in LDAP) and resolved. Thanks for your help.

Just wondering, which table the user group will get updated in backend database?

Regards

Shahul

photo

Hi Shahul,

Thanks for the reply, very glad to hear things are working for you again!

you can find the user group definitions in the accessgroup tables - accessgroupflat, accessgroup, and accessgroupmembers. LDAP mappings would be updated via the accessgroupflat table.

Hopefully this helps provide insight you're looking for?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Shahul,

Just wanted to check in to see if you needed any additional assistance here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Shahul,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed at this time. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you experience any further related issues.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file