Tomcat 9 bundled build

Pramod Pogal shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

We are currently using 7.35 version of Yellowfin which has tomcat 8 version. We would like to use Open Jdk 11. Can you let me know if there is any newer version of Yellowfin which has tomcat 9 version bundled along ?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Pramod,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The latest version of Yellowfin comes packaged with Tomcat version 8.5.38. There is not currently a version of Yellowfin that comes with this version of Tomcat.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Hello Nathan,

Does the 8.5.38 version of tomcat support open jdk ? And is this part of Yellowfin 7.4 or 8 ?

Thanks,

Pramod

photo

Hello Pramod,

Thank you for getting back to me.

This version of tomcat was packaged in 7.4.10 onwards and 8.0.2 onwards. So the two latest builds 7.4.11 and 8.0.3 with also be packaged with this version.

As for your other question, I have found from Tomcat's documentation that they recommend JDK version 7 when developing for Tomcat version 8. Here is a link to this detail I have found.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

No. JDK 7 wont help. We want to use Open Jdk 11 .

Anything on the pipeline though ? Any release coming up with Tomcat 9 in near future ?

Thanks,

Pramod

photo

Hi Pramod,

I will reach out to our development team to confirm if an update to the version of tomcat packaged within a Yellowfin installation is planned and if so to what version.

In regards to your requirement, according to the Tomcat Version 9 Documentation the recommended JDK is version 8.

Once I have heard back from the wider team I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Thank you. Will be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks,

Pramod

photo

Hi Pramod,

I have been looking through the future development tickets and have found that there is a plan for Tomcat to be be upgrade to version 9.x and is targeted to be in Version 9.x of Yellowfin. Please be aware that this does not currently have a confirmed release date.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Hi Pramod,

I hope you are well.

As per my previous response, Version 9 of Yellowfin is currently planned to include Tomcat Version as well. You should be able to keep track of our releases within the announcement area on the community.

I have marked this question as answered.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file