Difference between view caching and default cache period in the view

Lebo Dlamini shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Guys,

I just need to understand what the difference is between the view caching and the default cache period in the view.

1. View cache

/1a5475e49ace2cc98daff9321cea47ff

2. Default cache period

/185920beb61955bad4794640cac81293

I have 3 ideas of what i think the difference is.

1. The first one is the normal view cache that will cache the view and refresh x amount of minutes, hours etc. The second cache (default cache period) will cache the report for the x amount of hours specified.

2. The default cache is similar to the view cache except you cannot see the scheduler and it will only cache in the next amount of hours starting from the time you specified a value.

3. The default cache is the same as the view cache except that it will keep the view cached for that x amount of hours and it will only refresh once the specified default cached period time is exceeded.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lebo

Replies (4)

photo

Also, how will you then know if the reports have been cached after applying the view cache?

I realized that if I have the default cache period supplied it tells me that the report is cached however, with that being removed, it doesn't say anything.

Do I have to go to the view everytime to see if whether the view is cached or not?

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hey Lebo,

I hope you are well!

These are actually different - So the View caching is caching the entire data set of the view against a schedule - All reports then run from this cached source.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/View+Caching

The other is setting yellowfin to run reports (from the view) from cache if they are being run during a period defined (default cached Period).

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/View+Options#ViewOptions-ViewOptions

In regards to knowing when reports/views are cached -You can load the info_cache.jsp page in a browser to see the current cache stats.

Let me know if this helps/answered your questions! :)

Best wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Thanks.

You can now close the ticket.

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hey Lebo,

No problem! If you have any further quetions, please feel free to reopen the ticket :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file