View - Freehand SQL not available calculated field

Steven Rutter shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hey there

I have a strange issue with one of our views. I want to add a calculated field, but for some reason freehand sql does not show in the drop down as an option. I am an Admin user and can add freehand SQL calculated fields in other views in our deployment without any issue.

Anyone have any ideas why this one view in particular will not allow this ?

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Steven,

My guess is - the view that you are working on; might be missing a mandatory table.

Try to make one of the table as mandatory and then see if you get the freehand SQL option.

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Hey Steven,

Hope you are well!

Abhay's guess is a valid one and very possible and worth a try!

I would usually expect to see an 'invalid' error message rather than the freehandSQL option disappearing altogether though? However, Please let us know if you have all the necessary tables ticked as mandatory within the view model panel!

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Steven,

I hope you are well!

Just wanted to check in to see if this issue has been resolved following Abhay's suggestion? or if you need further assistance? Please let me know as I am happy to help!

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Steven,

I hope you have been well!

Just reaching out to see if you were able to resolve this issue or if you still needed some assistance?

Let me know as I am happy to help!

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Steven,

I hope you have been well!

I just wanted to let you know that I will be marking this ticket as complete due to inactivity, however, if you do need to reopen this ticket them please feel free to do so and I will be more than happy to continue helping you with this! Though I do hope your issue was resolved :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file