"Export report settings" - role privilege

Mandy Howard shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

"Export report settings" is listed as a privilege for roles. However, it is not listed under available security functions (http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Available+Security+Functions) and clicking the "i" next to the privilege does not work.

Can you please describe what this privilege does?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Mandy,

This setting dictates whether a user can specify the various export settings within a report. For example, in a PDF export, this would include page size, orientation, shrink to fit, etc. If a user does not have this setting they will be forced to export with the system defaults.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks for clarifying.

Is it a bug that the "i" (information) button on the roles page do not work for any of the security functions/privileges listed?

photo

Hi Mandy,

The "i" is more of a hover-over than a button, so clicking it will have no effect. If you are not able to see anything when you hover over (might take a couple tries), then I would try switching browsers. If you are still running into problems, let me know and we can look into replication specifics such as what version/build you are using.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Confirming I can hover. This ticket can be closed. Thanks.

photo

Glad to hear it. If you have any other questions just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file