Broadcast report description explanation

shahul samad shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I would like to know the explanation of Error description for the following errors

No Access

Error retrieving results

The selected person does not have access to view this report

Out of Memory

Thanks.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Shahul,

I am not sure on the context of these errors so I will try to explain as best as I can here.

No Access

- This is generally related to a user not having access to a report

Error retrieving results

- Generally this has something to do with getting data back from your Database, but the full cause will be in the logs.

The selected person does not have access to view this report

- The user does not have the correct permissions to view this report or folder

Out of Memory

- The JVM has run out of memory. Suggest increasing this to void this problem and will also improve performance in most cases.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I understand about Error retrieving results.

No Access - Report has been broadcasted to user and I am not sure why user need to be given access

The selected person does not have access to view this report - Again it's a broadcast report, what permission the user need to access the report?

photo

Hi Shahul,

If the user cannot view the report direclty i.e. does not have the rights to view this in the first place, then broadcasting the same report to the user will not overwrite this. The same permissions to view this report apply regardless of whether it is broadcast or not.

Can the user view the report normally? Do the folders and report etc allow this user to view the report?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul,

Just to clarify

For example if a user has access to store A,B & C

I would like to broadcast yearly store report in a PDF Format which include data for store A,B,C,D & E. Will this be a problem.

Thanks

Shahul

photo

Hi Shahul,

Sorry for the late reply. If you are going to broadcast as PDF then the user will see the results as the security is now external to Yellowfin.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Shahul,

Just checking in on this ticket to see if you need any more help?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Shahul,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Sorry I missed your previous response. All good now. Thanks for your help

Leave a Comment

Attach a file