Cell borders missing during PDF export

Nick shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We are having an issue whereby the cell borders disappear when a report is exported to PDF.

• Different PDF apps have been used resulting in the same issue
  • Exporting to word doc doesn't have this issue
  • It only happens when a cell spans across several rows vertically

See attached for a better understanding of what the issue actually looks like.

Are you aware of any known issues with 7.4 build or anything you can suggest to help troubleshoot this behavior?

Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks,

Nick

Replies (17)

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out to support. Do you know what build you are using in 7.4. There have been a few issues with borders and pdf exports which all seem to have been rectified in 7.4.11, which look related to the same issue you are seeing.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

That would be 2018022.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Yes, from the dev tickets there have been a few pdf border related issues prior to 7.4.11 including your version. I believe if you upgrade the version you are using, it should rectify the problem. Perhaps (as always) test this in a Dev/QA environment first.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Nick,

Just checking in on this ticket to see if you need any more help?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Nick,

Just following up and seeing if you need further help on this one or happy to close it off for now?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your earlier email. I have been flat out recently.

Happy for this to be closed. Regarding access to the 7.4.11, I believe we would need to raise a separate ticket?

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

No problems. I am not sure what you mean by access to 7.4.11. To be honest I am a little confused as to the 7.4 release as I thought you had 7.3 or 8 builds available? Can you please clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

This is for TSOM reporting, which uses a different build it seems.

As for this post, you can close if off.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Right, that makes sense and thanks. I will close this off as requested.

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Sorry to re-open this case.

I need to find out in which version of 8.x the fix relating to pdf borders in 7.4.11 has been made available in.

My guess is it would be, but if you can confirm, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hey Nick,

No issues. As there are a few tickets related to this. 8.0.3 contains most of the border issue fixes, however there is still one outstanding which is due in the 8.0.4 release. My best bet would be to either try the 8.0.3 release to see if this works else the 8.0.4 version will contain all the border fixes (that I can see). Sorry for not being more exact.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.

Does that mean 7.4.11 only contain a subset of the fixes from 8.0.3?

My understanding is that 8.0.3 should have all of the fixes from 7.4.11 and also the newest fixes? Is that correct?

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

It really depends on when the fix was done and when it was QA'ed. The 2 versions do not always contain the same fixes, although they usually do. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to for you to identify the fix that specifically addresses the pdf border issues in our use case and advise if it is also available in 8.0.2? The reason being the future TSOM reporting is built on 8.0.2.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

I can see that it has been released as part of your 8.0.2 (build versions 20190925, 20191018, 20191021 and 20191025) and I have tested and confirmed it is working as expected in these versions.

Is there any information I can get you on this?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thanks Neal.

Not sure if it was your intention but part of your message is appearing as a hyperlink which I couldn't access.

Thanks for the confirmation. I believe that should be all.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for flagging that, definitely not my intention and I don't recall adding a hyperlink at all....I'll keep an eye out for it in future.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file