Allow custom login page via unique host?

Zack Tamble shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi there - we're currently using custom login pages in our ROOT folder to allow for custom login pages.

We are upgrading our webserver and are also running a .NET application to help facilitate an additional website (internal admin document manager) and are using AWS to help with URL routing/Load balancing to allow us to get to what we need and our users to get into the application either through SSO or through logging directly to Yellowfin since we serve unique clients.

Does Yellowfin have any way to help with loading a custom login screen depending on the host (i.e.., admin.quadtools.com vs. login.insightstools.com)?

I don't think the custom login screens are going to work with the load balancers.

Thanks,

Zack

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Zack,

Yellowfin does not support this natively. The only thing I could suggest here would be to look at the options within Tomcat or Apache and look at things like redirects or re-write rules. You could potentially look at the HTTP header in a seperate landing page and then redirect to a specific YF login page but that might not be ideal.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Zack,

Just checking in on this ticket to see if you need any more help or happy for me to close it off for now?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

We have set it up so that users of ClientOrg 1-136 get logged in through SSO (which for some reason allows multiple sessions) and users of ClientOrg 137 go to URL that redirects them to a login page where they can login directly to Yellowfin.

The ugly part is when they logout they go to a blank screen that says Session Ended with no form or anything else. They are competitors so its hard for us to show anything else because the users shouldn't be able to see any trace of each others' respective companies.

Yellowfin should really look into figuring out how to direct users (based on ClientOrg) to a particular page (other than the index/login page) upon logoff. Its unfortunate to see functionality like this fall off the radar.

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

I can raise this as an enhancement request on your behalf if you like and provide the information to the dev team. This way it should be aknowledged and get some traction. Would you like me to do this?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Zack,

I have raised this with the Dev team. If there is any progress on this I will let you know. If you have any experience in jsp you could also create something that could do something similar (but obviously would require some testing). I found some links which could help here and here.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Zack,

Just checking in on this ticket to see if you need any more help?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Zack,

Just letting you know that I will be closing this off as the enhancement has been raised with the dev team now. If you need to get back in touch just respond to this. Once any updates come through we will let you know.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file