Customize the This chart contains no data or This report contains no data messages

Tom Nealley shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

We want to customize the “This chart contains no data” or “This report contains no data” messages when those conditions exist. Ideally we would like to be able to substitute an image specifically for each report; less than ideally substitute a new image globally for whenever this would occur.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know that this is something you would like to see added to Yellowfin. I have raised this in our internal system as an enhancement request. For reference, the tracking ID is YFN-7076. I am unable to provide an ETA at this point, as the task need to be assigned to a developer first, but as soon as I see fresh info come across my desk I'll let you know!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Further to the request of being able to change images, I would also like to request the option to -Suppress the message completely-

photo

Hi guys,

Just wondering if this has made any progress? A client is seeking to customise the "No Access. No Data was found matching this report's Access Filter" error message.

Cheers,

Edgar

photo

Hi Edgar,

There's currently no further updates on this. I did go ahead and request one, however!

We'll let you know when we hear something further.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike - this is something we would like to see also. Customized page when no results are returned.

Thank you

photo

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out. I've gone ahead and added you to the client list in our internal task of those who'd like to see this functionality implemented. No further updates on this as of yet but every comment and vote helps!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I know this thread is about customising the no data message and there is currently no functionality for this. Is there any functionality at all for simply hiding the message or a bit like in Excel with IFERROR? I have a report which in some months has data and in some not and would like it to either show 0, or blank if no data exists.

Thanks

Chester

photo

Hi Chester,

Thanks for reaching out. I think there may be some confusion about where in the application the 'No results returned' message is located. This is what that looks like:

/42f2add53e661960bcd249edd5eeb38b

I'm not sure why it would be desirable to display a 0 there instead of 'No results returned', but if you just need to change the text or make it blank, if you utilize custom css (literally just create a css file and put it in the '.../customcss' folder as per linked Wiki entry) you should be able to change the "No results returned." text by altering the "largeGreyErrorText" div class:

/719135948d34537020d9663524570fdb

If you're talking about changing data at the data level on a per row/column basis, this can be accomplished via Calculated Fields. Something like

CASE WHEN column1 IS NULL then '' ELSE column1 END
or

CASE WHEN column1 IS NULL then '0' ELSE column1 END
Hopefully this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I understand, I have misunderstood the thread. What I'm trying to work out is if I have a report on a dashboard which is a simple number report reporting on volumes of items at a location and for arguments sake one month there aren't any and therefore the table Data Source for this (in our case the SQL Server) doesn't have an entry for the specific 'Set Analysis' the report on the dashboard returns "This chart currently contains no data." Is there anyway to set what this says, or default to 0 for example?

Thanks

Chester

photo

Hi Chester,

There's no way to default the Set Analysis value to '0'. Being able to do so is dependent on the data you're actually using and how it's being configured in the analysis setup.

However, you should be able to hide this in much the same way as described above, by hiding the div.chartCustomError class in a custom css file:

/559d40db70b5a529fa935d68f966d6a9

Hopefully this helps.

If you have any other questions regarding this, please open a new trouble ticket to discuss further so we can accurately track separate issues.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks for your help Mike.

Chester

photo

Hi Chester,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Wanted to ask one thing, if we make changes in css file will it reflect the same change in all the reports where there will be no results?

i just want the same statement to be displayed on single report. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Sayali

photo

Hi Sayali,

Since this relates to styling, this change would be applied globally, unless you can find some HTML to point to or styling specific to that report in the CSS, which I strongly suspect would not be possible.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Has there been any update to this enhancement request? We have received this request internally from a number of different users.

photo

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out. There are no further updates on this as of yet, but I've noted in the internal enhancement request that this request has been received internally numerous times on your end. I do like this idea, so hopefully we can get some traction on this real soon.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update.

Best,

-Dan

photo

Hi Dan,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike Sheehan

Is there a way to prevent show the image and text when a row limit is enabled in a report I can do it directly in yellowfin UI with custom CSS but when the report is exported to PDF the warning legend and image persists.

The max row limit has been reached.

Data may have been truncated.

18a964a1d9e236e293b29df5e511e62d

photo

Hi Rodrigo, at this point in time there is not way to remove this message from the report or PDF natively . Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, though I will ensur to keep you posted on any updates.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the support, I will be attentive for future updates on this topic.

Regards

photo

Hi David,

Hope you well.

Is there any update with regards to removing the message from PDF export?

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

Mark here from the EMEA Support Team. David no longer works for Yellowfin, hence my response... With this no updates, movement or options to have said feature, nor can we have this message removed from the PDF as of yet.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi,

Any update on this? Would be great to have an option to either customise or remove the "no data" message within a specific chart instead of doing it globally via Custom CSS.
On our case, we have multiple clients sharing the same instance. Some clients are ok with this message, but some are complaining that they find it very unprofessional to have that "no data" message pop up. Some non-technical users might even think there's something wrong with their report.

Thanks,
Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

I hope all is well,

Mark here from the EMEA Support Team. I have since looked into this further and unfortunately I can't see any progress with this Idea Ticket, however I have made our wider team aware of this. Hopefully we can have this looked at further.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file