Issue while printing report graph in PDF

Marc Daverat shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hi

We have created a complex report using YF 8.02. We dd not use the export to PDF capability as it does not support JS graphs. We used the print capability to print the report result in a PDF file.

When we use some white static text on green background, the text turns to black in the PDF file - see attached.

Thanks for helping - report is used in a big survy campain about to be sent to end-users, so it ispretty urgent.

Kind regards,

Marc

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm assuming you're referring to something like 'Microsoft Print to PDF' to work around this limitation:

/b1849710ec198d3473d0dc647b472244

I suspect we don't currently allow exports of JS Charts directly from Yellowfin because of compatibility issues such as these.

That said though, as this is ostensibly a third-party solution to get around this limitation and that we don't officially Support this, a third-party solution will be required to adjust this. Performing a cursory search online though, it seems there are numerous third-party solutions where you can edit font colors, etc., in either pre-existing PDF files, i.e., use 'Microsoft Print to PDF' - open the file in said third-party solution - and edit it; or, find a third-party solution that allows you to print to PDF but gives you more options upon doing so. I'm afraid I can't make specific recommendations as I've not had experience testing any of these programs, and they of course are all unrelated to Yellowfin, but I suspect you should be able to find a solution that can get this specific issue resolved for you.

Please let me know how goes and whether you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike - I dig into it a little bit more, using several PDF printer.

Blank color seems to be the only one turned to black, so I'm not sure this is due to third party driver. I also tested it using the export function to PDF within Yellowfin - FYI, we cannot use this option anyway as it does not spport JS graphs - and the font color is correct.

photo

Hi Marc,

I tested exporting a JS chart using the Microsoft Print to PDF option and all of my text color settings were maintained.

Original:

/aa421e01647d0c8198ad12e87ab29ed2

Print Preview:

/256883146c68cf128c5574926da258d0

Print to PDF Result:

/3bbef20c3024826d89f3448ef16182cf

Does the font color change in the Print preview or only after actually choosing to print to PDF?

Also, is the font color defined in your JS or CSS code? If so, can I have that hex value, so I can test it on my end?

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I was not clear enough discribing the issue. I have no issue with text within JS Graphs.

The issue is the following :

- drag a square form in canvas and set color to green.

- drag a text form - text heading in canvas on top of the squre form, type some text and set color to white.

Then print the report to pdf : the text will be black on green instead of white on green. I did some more testing using a very light grey instead of white : same issue. If I choose another colour like blue, result is fine.

Sorry once again for the misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

Marc

De : Support Queue <support@yellowfin.bi>

Envoyé : jeudi, octobre 17, 2019 7:39 PM

À : Marc Daverat - Valuable Data

Objet : New Comment in "Issue while printing report graph in PDF"

photo

Hi Marc,

Ah, I understand what you're saying now. In addition, I can see there are also other elements that don't print out correctly when using Print to PDF, such as the column headers:

/93ffa58321c659272f686b4f360f252a

However, we don't control how the Print > Print to PDF works, as any option for this would be a third-party solution. We can only officially support how our proprietary Print to PDF option works. Even the Print page itself that we generate the link to shows the correct information:

/b342c9e27b02ef46c5ec1a86e0c77681

Anything past this point is out of hands. For example here, the end-result only occurs upon actually performing the Print to PDF action, an action that we can't control.

Your issue of course really comes down to the fact that this is a multi-chart canvas that also features a JS Chart, making it incompatible with our direct Print to PDF option, so I understand the tricky and unfortunate position you're in, but unfortunately, my hands are tied as there's really no way we can change how an external print to PDF platform works. I'm hoping this explanation makes sense, but please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Marc,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Completed since I haven't heard back from you and I'm afraid there's not much else I can add, or do from our side here, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to do my best to assist further.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file