Report as a Datasource- Row limitation

Tal Mickel shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

hi,

We use a row limitation of 200K rows in our views.

if we would like to use the Report as a Datasource functionality this limitation is problematic since the report as data source can show only 200K rows, and than the reports on top of it are incorrect.

is there a way to shut down the row limitation only when using Report as a Datasource ?

thanks,

Tal

Replies (10)

photo

Hey Tal,

I hope you are well and enjoying all the October holidays! :)

So there are 3 row limit settings within yellowfin. At the view level, which you are currently using with 200k rows. At the data source level called Max Rows Returned and also the Active Row Limit on report level.

The order of these priorities is that the data source Active Row limit will override the View Active Row Limit which in turn overrides the Report Active Row Limit.

You can Increase the Row limit for the datasource > Please click here to see the wiki page that explains this in much more detail and where to make these changes for your data source :)

Please let me know if this helped at all or not!

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lasley,

thanks for the quick answer!

I know about the row limitation. I'm trying to see if there is a solution to our request,

we need to have the row limitation on the Data source level, but when use a report on a report it causes a wrong data presentation since it relays only on the Top 200K.

that makes this functionality not usefull for our needs, and was hoping there is a way to "close" the row limitation when it comes to the report as data source,

thanks,

Tal

photo

Hey Tal,

If you are using the report as a view, perhaps within the specific report view you could set the row limitation to 0 which will in turn not limit the amount of rows returned?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

It does because the row limit is on the Data source level.

photo

Hey Tal,

So would changing the row limit on the data source level to 0 allow for unlimited rows to be returned...?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

It would, but then in the regular where the row limitation is needed we would not have it.

photo

Hey Tal,

Is there only 1 report based on this report view that needs the row limit to be unlimited? if so, would a possible solution be to create a copy and then change the row limit on the data source level to 0 on the copied version?

Thoughts on this?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey,

but than I will have duplicated data models and data sources- i want to have one on the same data.

can this be forwarded as a request?

thanks,

Tal

photo

Hey Tal,

Hope you are well and had a lovely weekend!

I will raise this as an idea and set you as the author so if any changes need to be made then please feel free to edit it :) I will send you the idea request shortly!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Tal,

This has now been created as an idea request on your behalf within the community :) - Please see here for the idea.

I will be closing this ticket and all communication regarding the idea will continue through the idea request! Including the progress of the idea!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file