Export of report does not include filter values

Gerri shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

When I export a report that has filters applied, the values of the filters are not included in the export file.

If you run the same report for different filters is it helpful to have the filter values in the export. Is there a way to do this?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Gerri,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you saying that the export does not have the same result as the report within yellowfin or that the actual filter values are not showing in the export so you can't tell what filters were applied?

If it's the latter, then in the Report / Filter Formatting / Display Filter Values / [Top/Bottom] should achieve what you want.

i.e.

b73f7ff8501396be726bce9147b86e43would result in my pdf test as

223b8642efd67948d231bc119cf5cb12or in xlsxf68ff1aae1222794a7e4e725836959af

If it's the former, then this should be working fine and might be an issue somewhere but please let me know if the above helps first.

Thanks,

Paul

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Gerri,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you saying that the export does not have the same result as the report within yellowfin or that the actual filter values are not showing in the export so you can't tell what filters were applied?

If it's the latter, then in the Report / Filter Formatting / Display Filter Values / [Top/Bottom] should achieve what you want.

i.e.

b73f7ff8501396be726bce9147b86e43would result in my pdf test as

223b8642efd67948d231bc119cf5cb12or in xlsxf68ff1aae1222794a7e4e725836959af

If it's the former, then this should be working fine and might be an issue somewhere but please let me know if the above helps first.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul - it is the latter.

Is there an option to show just the user selected filters? We have some preset filters in the report that the Users never see, so it looks odd to have them included in the export of the report at runtime

Regards,

Gerri

photo

Hi Gerri,

Unfortunately the only option is basically an all or nothing approach in this case. Perhaps you could raise an idea for this and we can put it to the Dev team for consideration?

Thanks.

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul, how do I raise an idea?

photo

HI Gerri,

I can raise one for you. Leave it with me and I will let you know the details.

Regards,

Paul

photo
photo

Hi Gerri,

This has now been raised on your behalf and you should see the idea in your list. If there is any movement on this I will let you know accordingly.

Please let me know if you need anything else or happy to close this off?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Great thanks Paul! Nothing else needed here.

photo

Hi Paul,

Any updates on above idea?

Regards

photo

Hey Samjith,

I hope you are well

Just to let you know, Paul is no longer at yellowfin so I will be taking over this ticket

I have just had a quick read of the requirement here and having the current filter values displayed in the exported document is possible

As you can see here, I have selected Asia -

c9562bad67bb7e479c901d14c6655391

And here is my exported PDF which also shows that I have selected Asia in the brackets -

3a6105bc01b795c55e96cd884866b533

Is this what you were after ?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thanks ever so much for this information.

I would like to know something else.

while applying pre-defined filter in view, can we display the same filter details in dashboards and reports?

photo

Hey Samjith,

Are you referring to View defined filter groups or Pre-defined periods ? such as 'Today', 'Yesterday', 'This Week', 'Last Week' ?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesly,

My concern is i would like to display the data range in filter as below ;

Example , if i select "Today Minus 12 Months" , While displaying the filter option i need to see as "Travel period start date BetweenTuesday, 20 April 2021 - Tuesday, 20 April 2022"

b9dc81b071d13a740986b324e86c9fec

Thanks & Regards

photo

Hey Samjith,

I do not believe that is possible because the exporter is exporting the page as seen in the UI

However, if this does not concern the export, then unless you use a 'Between' filter operand, which might be a viable workaround for you? then the UI will only display the pre-defined period

For example, if you use the Between operand, this will be the result -

53c6999a2d313185c7280a2b977c7ee7

If this is not what you are after and this is not related to the export results, it may be best if you raise a new ticket (just so we can keep communication separate and clear for anyone who comes across this question in the future :) )

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi All,

Just to update that I will be marking this ticket as 'Answered' as we have confirmed what is and is not currently possible to do in regards to the filter display when exporting reports

If you have further questions about the PDF export display, please feel free to reopen this task and let me know

However, if you have any other questions that are not related to the PDF export display, please feel free to raise a ticket and we will be happy to help

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file