Is there a way to set an implicity port redirection?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys,

One of our clients was asking if is possible to hide the port number on Yellowfin's Application. We could do this by setting a rule on our firewall, to redirect the correct address to Yellowfin, but we have a limit of rules we can manage and they're already in use.

Is there a way to achieve this without using an redirection on a router or a firewall?

Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Renato,

I hope all is well,

I believe this link may help with this question. Let me know if it does, if not I would be more than happy to assist where I can.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your help. I've found some info on the internet about those settings. The problem is, that when we install Yellowfin, it does not create the same structure apache uses as a default, so I cannot find httpd.conf file to test that configurations.

Can you put me on the right way?

photo

Hi Renato,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have been looking at this further to which I have found a few sentences that may help:

Configuring the domain name is down to setting DNS entries correctly on your network.

On the note of assigning the domain name to Yellowfin: There's an internal option under 'Administration' > 'Configuration' > gear icon > 'General Settings' > 'External Base URL'. Setting this to your domain name + port number will configure the Yellowfin redirects to the domain name specified. That being said, there's a much greater deal of network configuration that goes into your DNS configurations, port forwarding (where needed), etc. This should be the job of a Network Administrator and can't be easily configured within Yellowfin itself.

With this I would also like to point you in this direction, to which I believe may assist. I would also recommend that you reach out to your Network Administrator/Account Manager to tackle this further, what do you think of this? Let me know your thoughts, I will be happy to continue and support where I can.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks a lot for your help Mark,

This is absolutely what I need to know. Now I can move on and pass the task to the right person.

photo

Hi Renato,

Thank you for confirming all is well and we can move forward, shall I go ahead and mark this as Answered? Let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Yes Mark, you can mark as complete. Sorry not to tell you before.

Thanks again for your help.

photo

Hi Renato,

Thank you for confirming, and no need to apologise. Enjoy your weekend.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file