Broadcast report with Advanced and select Report which has Email address

Bharath Kumar shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

I am trying to broadcast a report and in the recipient list I have a report created with list of email addresses. The email column has 2 email address in a single row separated by semi colon. Attached screen of my email report(Had to darken the vaues).

Example:

Email column

user@abc.com;user2@xyz.com

Now I select this report in the advanced broadcast, but it fails to identify the emails. Broadcast fails with error" Could not find a valid domain" sort of error.

I think yellowfin expects a single email address in each row and due to this it is unable to find the user email.

Can you please confirm if this is expected, if yes then can we have an Enhancement raised. This will help us a lot.

As an alternate we are planning to have a DL created which has the list of emails. I think for now this will meet your requirement.

YF 7.3 082018build

Regards,

Bharath

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question. I've looked into this functionality in the past, and you are correct: Yellowfin expects only one email address per row in a distribution list report. At present, the workaround would be to modify the report so there is one email address per row.

I have gone ahead and created an enhancement request to developers to look into the functionality you're seeking here. I have added your organization as an affected client, and attached this ticket to the task. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thank you for looking into this, could you please share the RFE ID, it will be helpful for us to track.

Thanks,

Bharath

photo

No problem, Bharath,

Task ID for this enhancement is YFN-16254.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thank you Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file