Repeat rows in a cross tab?

Rose Craig shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

Hi,

I have a cross tab report like the one attached (YF cross tab example). It is a requirement to be able to repeat the rows for each record i.e. Repeat the booking status label of 'Active' for each booking method. So it looks like the attached file YF cross tab ideal.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

Rose

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Rose,

Thank you for getting in touch. I was able to accomplish this by first creating a calculated field that concatenated booking step and booking status:

853fd86c37d3bcde295e790e0c64d5be

I then placed this as the first column in my report, and hid the field:

3b206d7bbb622c32b5567229f6ada4d1

Please let me know if this work around is applicable to your situation.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply. The solution worked right up until I hid the column, at which point the table reverted back to displaying only one label for each.. Any thoughts of why this would work for you and not me? I have 6 columns, rather than just the 2 for booking status and booking method.

Cheers

Rose

photo

Hi Rose,

What version and build are you using? You can find this information in the "system information" portion of the admin console.

REgards,

Nathan

photo

Hi,

I'm using Version 7.1 Build 20170202

db0e0b0413ffa15e55dc69334f90b070

I've ended up just keeping the column in the report and making it as narrow as possible with white font.

Cheers

Rose

photo

Hi Rose,

Unfortunately, the example I provided was specific to 7.2 and 7.3, but I am glad you found something that works!

If you would like I can convert this question into an idea so that the product team has a chance to review it, and possibly include this as an option in future releases?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

That would be great thanks! It would be really cool to just have an option where you can select 'repeat rows' or something like that.

Cheers

Rose

photo

Hi Rose,

I have converted this into an idea. Once the product team has had a chance to review it, they will post an update on this ticket.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in the meantime!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Rose,

Thanks for the idea.

Unfortunately what you're after is something that we actually changed from a while ago. It seemed to be the best change for the greater good.

At this point in time the ability to configure this is not planned, but really do appreciate the time taken to illustrate your request, much appreciated!

Please feel free to shoot through any other requests you have.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file