Dahsboard Default Filter Inherit Problem

Tal Mickel shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hey,

We have a report which has a default (not defined) value.

It's a DateTime filter, and the default value is Between Current date -24 hrs and Current date -0 hrs.

We then insert that report to a dashboard with other reports, and we want the default value to control (link data) the other reports with that value.

For the first time, it works. But a day after, it shows the first time try's value and won't follow the current date - 24 hrs default value.

We tried to fix it through the dashboard filters settings, however there's no option to choose a dynamic date in a dashboard filter's settings, which is probably can derive to another "Problem" ticket.

Our YF version - 7.2 20170202

Best Regards,

Dor & Tal

Best Answer
photo

Hi Dor!

This issue has been fixed and will be included in the upcoming release. Once we release this and you get a chance to test, please let me know if you are still running into problems.

Nathan

Replies (19)

photo

Hi Tal,

Thank you for getting in touch. I have set up a test report for this, but will need to wait until tomorrow to properly confirm anything.

I should have an update for you by tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Tal/Dor,

Unfortunately I was not able to replicate this issue this morning. This makes me think that this is specific to the type of field and database are you using. Is this a date field or a full time stamp, and what database is this data from?

Regards,

Nahtan

photo

Hey Nathan!

It is a full timestamp, down to milliseconds. MM/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS.mmm

Best,

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor & Tal,

Thanks for the clarification I will continue to try and replicate this.

Would you mind sending across your entire logs folder? I noticed that you have submitted a fair amount of tickets recently so I think it would beneficial for all of us to have these on record.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Dor and Tal,

Nevermind, I found a version of the logs that will be sufficient for this case!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Dor/Tal,

After testing this again using a full time-stamp (SQL Server DB) field with milliseconds, I am still not able to replicate this, so I think I might be confused as to what you are noticing here.

Does the default value show up correctly, or is the problem with the linking? Each time you reload the dashboard, this value should update slightly:

Before refresh:

67c340bd6b51c85692c8b33b5152f713

After:

715ec8e9f495d12a9cbb4ccde1cc301b

Are there any other functions involved here that you think might help me replicate this?

photo
photo

Hi Tal and Dor,

I am sorry to say that I have not been able to replicate this issue either. I have used the same version, same report SQL, same dashboard setup, and same underlying DB, but still my values update on each reload.

As I said in my other reply, I think that it would be best for me to replicate your entire instance. In addition to the configuration database I think that it would also be beneficial to get a copy of your entire ROOT folder, sot that I can work with the same Java libraries you are currently using (perhaps this has to do with your upgrade path).

Please let me know if this is of interest to you and I can provide you with access to our FTP server.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Tal and Dor,

As I said in my previous responses, I am going to close this case. If you want to pursue it further let me know and I can provide you FTP access to upload your environment.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan

Sorry for our delay.

We are interested.

Can you please explain exactly what you need us to send you? what do you mean by configuration database?

Please then provide us with an FTP access so we can upload everything.

Thanks!

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

In order to replicate this I will need:

1. A dump/backup of your configuration database. This is the database that you originally installed Yellowfin into which we have discussed queries for (reportformat, reportheader, etc)
  2. A valid data source connection or dump/backup for your primary data source (so I can run the report in question)

I have sent you an invitation to our FTP server, let me know when you get a chance to upload these, or if you have any questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan!

not sure we received an FTP server invitation- can you send it again?

regarding your request-

1. do you mean by this request the YF repository?

2. not sure I fully understand what do you mean by "valid data source connection or dump/backup for your primary data source", if by this you mean out DWH on which the views in YF are biult- this is not something I can send over...

Thanks,

Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

I have sent you another invitation please let me know if you do not get it.

A valid data source connection is needed so that the reports can run. So if it is not possible to provide credentials or a dump of the database, an alternative is a DWH schema SQL so that I can generate test data on top.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Tal,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan,

Sorry for the delay in our response.

A copy of YF MetaDB is in your FTP server under the folder "Our YF MetaDB"

Regarding DWH schema - this is a huge request...

Can we solve it in another way? maybe over the phone, a screen share?

Bests

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor and Tal,

A screen-share sounds good. We can discuss all of the issues you currently have open with me. What time works best for you? I am on United States mountain time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Our schedule is 0830 AM to 1830 UTC+03:00 (Jerusalem)

Let us know when would be best to talk so we can schedule our time as well. :)

Thanks!

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor and Tal,

Can we plan on tomorrow or Friday at 8am MST / 18:00 Jerusalem time?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Unfortunately we were not able to reply to your message in time

Can we set a meeting for this week ?

photo

Hi Tal and Dor,

If you are available tomorrow, we can share then. I will be going on Thanksgiving vacation after that, so it will either have to wait again until Wednesday of next week (any testing that needs to happen will also need to wait until next week). If there are any urgent ones in the group of tickets, I can handthose off to another region who does not celebrate the holiday.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan, Dor here

I am available tomorrow, please note that I have a screen share with Mark (UK Office) at 10:30am Israel time about another issue :)

photo
photo

Hi Dor,

Are you available now to screen-share? If so here is a link we can use:

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1497602602

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Tal and Dor,

I have been able to replicate this issue and have raised a defect to address it:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

That's GREAT news Nathan.

Thank you !!

Dor & Tal

photo
photo

Hey Nathan! Dor Here

Is there any update on this issue ? (YFN-8747)

Thanks!

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor!

This issue has been fixed and will be included in the upcoming release. Once we release this and you get a chance to test, please let me know if you are still running into problems.

Nathan

photo

That's awesome !! Thanks Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file