Date Slider on YOY report

Kevin Cullen shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

In YF8, I'm trying to add a date slider bar to a Year-Over-Year report so we can focus on particular months (Year over Year). Is this possible? I'm able to create a report with a date slider or a YOY report but I don't seem to be able to add the date slider to a YOY report.

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have an example of the report and what you are looking to achieve (i.e. a snapshot) so I can get a clearer picture of what you are looking to get and perhaps what you are currently seeing?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul - I've attached a picture of the report with a date slider and a picture of the report with custom YOY (created using Set Analysis) but no date slider.

photo

Hi Kevin,

Can you send me a snapshot of the actual report please. Does it have dates/timestamps? I would also suggest to look at this Wiki page to ensure it has been setup correctly.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

How do I export a snapshot out of Yellowfin for you?

photo

Hi Kevin,

Sorry just a screen shot of the report. Bad wording on my behalf.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

I did attach 2 screen shots in one of my earlier replies. Is there something specific you want me to show in a screen shot?

photo

Hi Kevin,

Yes, just the screenshot of the report table (as in not the chart) please, so I can see the columns.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

here is the screen shot

photo

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for all of the information. So as it stands you cannot add the date slider to this type of report, but you could potentially user another report with the time slider and link them on a dashboard, which could work.

Regards,

Paul

photo

I want to use the slider to focus on what I'm seeing in the YOY display of data. Displaying another report in a different part of the dashboard and asking users to shift focus to a different report doesn't sound like a very cohesive solution.

photo

Hi Kevin,

The only thing I can do is raise this as an idea for you and pass this onto the dev team to look at and possibly implement a better solution, but this is the only way you can do this at the moment. Apologies for not being able to offer a better solution for you.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Yes, I would think that implementation of the slider bar functionality should handle simple use cases like this.

photo

Hi Kevin,

Understand completely. I have created an enhancement request for you and when I recieve any updates on this, I will let you know. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Kevin,

I am going to mark this as answered. Once I receive further updates on the enhancement request, I will let you know. If you do however need anything else, please get back to me.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file