Moving Content Sub-Folders Doesn't Move Views

Jason Kaczmarek shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

If I move a content sub-folder from one parent folder to another, the reports move accordingly, but the views do not. When this is done, you also loose the ability to edit the views. The workaround is to undo the move, create a new folder, and then move each view individually. (v7.4.6)

Jason

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Jason,

yes, in fact this is a known issue - a defect (YFN-12056) was raised just last month for it.

Your workaround is the best workaround I could find via the UI. And just in case you're interested, you can also do it via the backend with the following query because you'll find that the view that didn't move actually has the correct subfolder in its metadata but the incorrect parent folder:

UPDATE ReportView 
SET ContentCategoryCode = '<insert parent folder here>'
WHERE viewDescription = '<insert view name here>'

N.B. the parent folder name must be in the upper case.

And then you must refresh the Yellowfin local cache for this modification to take effect, by either using the info_cache_enhanced.jsp and clicking the Refresh View Cache button as described in this Knowledge Base article, or restart Yellowfin.

regards,

David

photo

David,

Thank you for the detailed workaround.

Jason

photo

No worries Jason, and thanks for taking the time to alert us to this issue and for sharing your workaround with the Yellowfin Community!

regards,

David

photo

Just mentioning this is still a bug in 8.0.1 version ... !

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Yes unfortunately this has not been fixed as yet.

We do have plans to address this in the next couple of releases so we will be in touch soon in regards to updates.

Thanks for re-testing it, and please let us know if you run into any other issues.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi JeRoen and Jason,

Just wanted to provide an update here- developers have found a fix for this issue and it is scheduled to be included in upcoming releases 8.1 and 7.4.11.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know version 7.4.11 has been released, which includes this fix. I will in turn mark this as Defect Fixed at this point, let me know if you have any issues with a reply here.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file