How do you perform the Yellowfin data load?

Yhair Delgado Cruz shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Do you ask the database every time you have a report? Or do you create some kind of repository where the information is stored so that you do not consult the database each time the reports are opened?

Since today I was encountered with a rather peculiar scenario where a master base is handled and which is consulted by about 10 users per hour and by different application and this hits the performance of the base to which access is needed With yellowfin.

I hope you understand me and can support me, in advance I appreciate the help and remain pending

Regards

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Hair,

Whether or not Yellowfin queries the database is dependent on whether or not the particular report is set to be cached. If caching has been enabled, Yellowfin will pull the report directly from Java memory. If it is not cached then Yellowfin will run the query directly against the database. If you need to have constantly updated data, then your best route will be to look at your physical hardware settings on the database server, to both increase the query speed and allow the database to handle the load being placed on it.

Hopefully this begins to answer your question, please let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to elaborate on here.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi nathan

Basically what I need is that Yellowfin allows me to save a history in a file that is not modified unless it is necessary and that this help the reports not to be consulting the database that feeds the application in either files Text or temporary tables outside the master database.

photo

Hi Hair,

While there is not a functionality to do what you describe, I think that it would be worth looking into report caching. This will keep the data stored in memory and prevent Yellowfin from needing to query the database.

By setting a report's refresh to manual, the only time Yellowfin will query the data is when you click the refresh data button:

e2be3eb99be1fbb97d3137fac85fca82

a4271100f0fe5e1a4340be1588e2b78c

Have you tried this already?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi nathan

Actually probe that option but for the type of operation is not optimal, that's why I asked if yellowfin could create repositories outside the database.

photo

Hi Hair,

A bit of clarification on how report caching works. When a report is cached, it is stored as a blob in the configuration database, so rather than running the entire query again against the original data source, Yellowfin will simply pull this one field from its own internal database and interpret the results.

Beyond this, there is no other method for caching reports.

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan

I will take into account the comments you raise, I think that with this will resolve the doubts that have to the operation of the tool

Greetings and many thanks

photo

Sounds good. I am going to close this case for now, but if they have any more concerns, just let me know!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file