Filter values not being passed on to child co-display report

Nick Eddy shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

This has been raised before by my colleague, still occurring in V7.4.6

Essentially filter values for a report are not being passed to the child co-display report, despite being defined in the Related Reports link options.

In my case the parent report is based on a database view, the child report is based on a stored procedure.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Nick,

I've found the original community ticket for this, it is Community ticket 6403, and there was a product defect raised for the issue, its ID is 6907.

I've checked the status of the defect for you and unfortunately it hasn't progressed as of yet - it is still in the Unassigned state.

So what I've done for you is to raise its priority from Medium to High, that should get things moving!

regards,

David

photo

Great thanks Dave.

In our scenario the stored procedure report has an ID parameter which is not all that familiar to users. So by having it as a co-display report, we can create a parent report with a filter hierarchy that leads the user to the relevant ID which is then passed to the stored procedure report.

Thanks

photo

Hi Nick,

that's a clever way of making the report more user-friendly! I can certainly see why you need to have this combination of parent report from the db view and child report from the stored proc.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nick,

This has been fixed and published in 7.4.11. You can download latest builds here.

Please download and test when you get the chance and let us know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file