Report of all the Reports

Lisa Singh shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Is there a way to create a report that shows all of the current reports that have been created?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Lisa,

I hope all is well,

We have 2 possible options for this:

Option 1

Consider downloading usage reports from the Yellowfin Marketplace. Usage reports enable report writers to query and build reports against the Yellowfin configuration database. From the Marketplace, click on Prebuilt Content, and download the Content Audit reports. Installation instructions are contained within the Content Audit download.

Option 2

Alternatively you could run the following SQL query against your Yellowfin Configuration database. This will return a list of active reports:

[code]SELECT * FROM reportheader WHERE reportstatuscode = 'OPEN' AND rolecode = 'OPERATIONAL'; [/code]
Hopefully one of these solutions is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Lisa,

I hope all is well,

We have 2 possible options for this:

Option 1

Consider downloading usage reports from the Yellowfin Marketplace. Usage reports enable report writers to query and build reports against the Yellowfin configuration database. From the Marketplace, click on Prebuilt Content, and download the Content Audit reports. Installation instructions are contained within the Content Audit download.

Option 2

Alternatively you could run the following SQL query against your Yellowfin Configuration database. This will return a list of active reports:

[code]SELECT * FROM reportheader WHERE reportstatuscode = 'OPEN' AND rolecode = 'OPERATIONAL'; [/code]
Hopefully one of these solutions is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thank you, I'll give that a go.

photo

Hi Lisa,

No problem, let me know how you get on, have a great weekend.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Lisa,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had any luck with my 2 options? If you can get back to me asap, I would appreciate this greatly.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark. We have a cloud solution and no access to the database and no option to purchase additional tools; they were good ideas though.

photo

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for getting back to us, this is a big shame it might be worth reaching out to the YF Team here (Sales/CSM) to see what options you have going forward. THey would be happy to discuss further.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file