I have found two different statue code in ReportView table

ViewId ParentViewId ViewId ViewName ViewDescription ViewStatusCode

96613 96237 96613 "dbo"."DIM_xzx_COV" DIM_xxx_COV LOCKED

96621 96237 96621 "dbo"."DIM_Pxxxx" DIM_PXXX OPEN

what is reason?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for reaching out. You should only see a ViewStatusCode of LOCKED for View CHILDELEMENTS and VIRTUAL View's, which you can see if you expand your select query to include the ViewTypeCode column.

You'll typically see this status when the parent view for said child element is either in DRAFT mode (and these entries will change status once View is finished being edited, then is published), REPLACED (meaning it's an old Clone version of the View), or DELETED (meaning the View was in draft mode, but that draft was deleted instead of published).

If you do a select query on your ParentViewId of '96237', what is that Id's ViewStatusCode set to? It should be one of the three ViewStatusCode's described above.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

As per your opinion if Parentview is open than all CHILDELEMENTS and VIRTUAL should be open.

In my case: for Parent (ParentViewId) viewstatuscode is "Open" still Some of the CHILDELEMENTS and VIRTUAL are Locked.

Could you please confirm, in which scenario this can be the case.

photo

Hi Vikas,

I've reached out to the appropriate party for more details on what a ViewStatusCode of LOCKED means. Unfortunately, that person is out the remainder of the week, so I won't be able to obtain further information on this until Monday. I'll get back to you then regarding this.

In the meantime, can you provide the output of your ReportView table in CSV format so I can take a look at it? Also, we never received feedback on what the actual behavior being experienced is. Are these fields marked as LOCKED not available to be used in the corresponding View, or something to that effect?

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Vikas,

The person I needed to speak to is actually in today. Got the days mixed up. A ViewStatusCode of LOCKED means that the View is cloned, so those fields are "locked for cloning."

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

In regards to this statement here: "A ViewStatusCode of LOCKED means that the View is cloned, so those fields are "locked for cloning." ". In Yellowfin when we get a locked view, you usually cannot do anything to that view, now my question is, once the cloned view gets published, does that mean that the status of that locked view will change?

What happens to that view in Yellowfin?

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hi Lebo,

In looking through my ReportView table for one of my most used and oldest environments, it seems to be the case that when a DRAGANDDROP view is set to OPEN most of the CHILDELEMENT's that were previously set to LOCKED are no longer there, so I don't think it's the case that the status changed, but rather that they are removed. There very well could be exceptions to this, but this is generally the way it works. Please let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.

You can close the ticket again.

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hi Lebo,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Vikas,

I just wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Vikas,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file