Export PDF error in image added reports

Karthick shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have created simple report and design part i added one image on that i have done more chnages output is coming as per the expectation, but export is not working fine.

Please find the attached file for your reference.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Karthick,

I hope all is well,

Can you please re-attach the pdf document in question, also it would be great if you could attach a screen shot of the output view of how this is viewed within YF. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Please find the attached file for your reference, Issue41.png is for error i got while exporting to PDF, 42.png file is for the screen shot of the report output.

photo
photo

Hi Karthick,

Can you confirm that image "42.png" is how this appears int he Output of YF and image "Issue41.png" is the error you receive after attempting to export to PDF?

Going forward with this can you please send across the following:

1. YF Logs
  2. Error received after exporting to PDF
  3. Version/Build.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Please find the attached sla4.png file is for image added in canvas, after that according to my requirement i added some rectangle and circle and values to my report.

1. log.rar file is for YF log file.

2. after export full error.txt file is for after export error.

3. Version is 7.3

photo
photo

Hi Karthick,

To add to my last post, having the image itself that you are attaching to the canvas when creating the report would help as I would love to try and replicate this at my end. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Above replied or provided input is fine for you to replicate the same issue.

photo
photo

Hi Karthick,

I hope all is well,

Further looking into this I can see that this could relate to an issue outside of YF and more towards the BATIK SVG Tool Kit. Having looked through your logs and the error you receive when trying top export to PDF I see the following:

Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation

At:

org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.<init>(Unknown Source)

org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.<init>(Unknown Source)

org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.PNGTranscoder.<init>(Unknown Source)

com.hof.util.UtilSVG.convertSVGToPNG(UtilSVG.java:26)

This now leads me to suggest that we need to look closely at the BATIK side of things oif which I have found an interesting article that may help: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-1126 If you can please read through this and get back to me on this I would appreciate this greatly as I would love to assist further with this issue you have. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the response.

Sorry, I don't know about BATIK i thought everything is working from YF, so kinldy tell us what steps we need to follow to fix this issue, so that i will proceed on that.

photo
photo

Hi Karthick,

Thank you for the quick response. So far we are still in the investigations stages and I am trying to get as much information together. With this I want to question whether or not you have tried to export to other file types i.e. .doc or xls? - if you can please do this then get back to me with the results I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi,

In that only two options available .pdf or .xls, you know about .pdf now i exported xls its exported but not as per expectation for your reference i attached the xls output and i marked red color only count is coming not the expected image.

photo

Hi Mark,

Any updates on the issue.

photo
photo

Hi Karthick,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have since questioned this with my fellow support team to get some assistance, please expect a reply back very soon.

I have marked this within my calendar to check this so that I don't forget. I hope that is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thank your for the reply.

Please update the status as soon as possible, because export option is very important for us.

photo
photo

Hi Karthick,

it sounds like you may have a different version of the batik-all.jar file that we ship with. Could you please go to <yellowfin home>\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib and attach the batik-all.jar file to this ticket for us to investigate. You will have to change the file extensiont to .txt so that it doesn't get blocked as a potentially harmful file.

10b0d4cac61df2751e62a6b7190a80d7

thanks,

Big Dave

photo

Hi Dave,

Please find the attached file for your reference.

photo
photo

no worries Mark, yeah you were almost there! Although, I've got a bad feeling this may not be the cause of the error....it's hard to imagine them having a different batik-all.jar on their server....we'll see....

photo

Hi Karthick,,

thanks for the Batik-all.jar file, but unfortunately it is the correct file which means it isn't the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

However, recently I have seen that a client (for some reason) had old Batik jar files as well as having the correct one in their library then these can cause similar issues as to yours, because the class-loader looks in the older Batik jar rather than the new one and can't find the class it is looking for. So, because of this I ask that you please confirm that there is only one file in your lib folder that starts with the string "Batik-"

thanks,

Big Dave

photo

Hi Karthick,

I'm just going through my work list and checking up on things and I noticed that you haven't responded to this in over a month so I'm asking whether you would like this ticket to be closed now?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Karthick,

it's been 2 weeks since my last communication about the status of this ticket and there has been no response, so I'm going to close it, however if you feel that is incorrect then just respond and then the ticket will re-open and appear back on my worklist.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file