Query to find failed Broadcast fro a particular client

shahul samad shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Shahul,

Some like this should work (just need to change the iporg to the correct one)

Against the YF Config DB

SELECT * FROM event
	WHERE eventdata LIKE '%IpOrg=1%' AND eventcode = 'FAILURE';

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,Paul

photo

Below is the information I can see under EventData

TaskName=ReportBroadcastTask.BroadcastTask,Error=com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.,ScheduleSubjectCode=BROADCAST,ScheduleUnitCode=BROADCASTID,ScheduleUnitId=1668948

photo
photo

Hi Shahul,

Sorry, I am not sure I understand 100% so I am assuming you are looking for the reason or what the error entails?

From experience this could be related to an issue with the MYSQL database connection at this time. Does it fail if you run the scheduled broadcast manually and was this a once off or is it hapenning all the time? If you looked in the logs (yellowfin, jdbc or source logs under /yellowfininstall/appserver/logs), you will probably find a connection issue to the DB at the same time.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

You previous mentioned to write the Query to find IpOrg detail in EventData, but I can't see IpOrg information in EventData column

photo

Hi Shahul,

My apologies as you are using version 7.3, this information is not captured in the event table. You should be able to find something in yellowfin log though, but you would need to search for it and look for "ReportBroadcastProcess" and any corresponding error that might have hapenned after that.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul, I figured it out now.

How can we send a Broadcast failure notification to a user?

photo

Hi Shahul,

You cannot send the failure to a user the report has failed to go as such, but you can setup a failure notification to as user / group etc as per below from the Admin console / Configuration.d79c441d9b8c147bfd3593ef08cd8623

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Paul

photo
photo

Hi Shahul,

Just checking in on this ticket to see if you need any more help?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the follow up. Issue has been resolved now.

photo

Hi Shahul,

That's great and thank you for getting back to me.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file