Users are missing from access content security on import

Stelios Tsallas shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

Hi

I have added security level to all content sub categories but it looks like that when I import those categories, all users are missing from the access list - only group is present.

The problem occurs on both standalone importer and UI.

Could you please check if you can reproduce it?

If it is a bug, can I use sql queries to insert those missing users to accesslevel table - is there anything else that needs insert/update?

Thanks

Best Answer
photo

Hi Stelios,

I'm glad you found something that works. Since my last message, I have discussed this issue further with the product team and, contrary to my prior message, they have said that this is expected behaviour and not a defect. So I will be closing the defect ticket.

As this is not expected to change, we typically recommend employing user groups to facilitate the management and transfer of large user bases. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Nathan

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Stelios,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I wanted to let you know that I have replicated the problem you are facing, but it will take a little while to investigate the root of this problem and search for a possible workaround. I am sorry for the inconvenience, and hope to have an answer for you soon.

Nathan

photo

Hi Stelios,

I was able to confirm that the problem you are facing is indeed a bug, and have raised a defect ticket to address this (#243458).

In a simple test on my instance of 7.1, I was able to add users to content categories using SQL insert queries on the 'accesslevel' table. However, doing this is not officially supported so I would highly recommend thorough testing on your end before implementation.

I will keep you updated on the status of the defect, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan

I have done the same using the 'accesslevel' table and it seems to work.

Thanks

photo

Hi Stelios,

I'm glad you found something that works. Since my last message, I have discussed this issue further with the product team and, contrary to my prior message, they have said that this is expected behaviour and not a defect. So I will be closing the defect ticket.

As this is not expected to change, we typically recommend employing user groups to facilitate the management and transfer of large user bases. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file