How does i will hide one user info like(datasource,reports,signals) to another user

Bhavana shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Bhavana,

Thanks for getting in touch. In order for me to look into this further, can I please grab your info.jsp output (in a file) -> http://youryfurl:port/info.jsp

Cheers,

Paul

photo

have a look at it

Files: info.pdf
photo

Hi Bhavana,

Thanks for the information. Can you please advise exactly what you need to do here? All of these areas require some of the same and some completely different actions.

i.e

reports can be restricted by using several methods that can be used to restrict access to a report. The primary methods of restricting a report are through Report Access, Display Restrictions, and Distribution Security settings. More info on this here.

signals can also be done the same way or done via the Roles of the users. You can find information on roles here.

datasources (depending on what you mean) can be restricted by not allowing the user to see or use them in the role settings.

You may also want to restrict data with certain access rights. You can find more information on this here.

Let me know if you need anything else, but our Wiki has a substantial amount of information and a great search facility.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Bhavana,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file