How to add a date in the charts area

Austin Hart shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I would like to say Data As of 9/15/19 and add that with a title to a report so it says

My Report data as of 9/15/19

Measure 1

Measure 2

trend

Table

How do you create data as of with a date. I do not want to use the table as I then have no control over where it goes. I would like to have it right justified. I also have some dates that are KPIs - how do I display just a date in the charts tab.

On top of that - i want to remove the report titles that show up on the dashboard - i should be able to have the option to toggle that off and on.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out. You can create a multi-chart report so that you have the multi-chart canvas available to you in the design section. In the Charts section, you'll click the '+' towards the bottom right to make the report a multi-chart report, then you can slide in a text widget and type "Data as of...":

/AyhCYZQSVLODKEAAAAAAPn9B9xXhGBVYZ96AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This is of course not dynamic though. You can also use this section to make a custom title.

If you don't want the title or description that is already there (as per my example, "Draft Report" and the text under it), you can head into Report Formatting > Title & Description > set Style: Custom and set the Display Title and Display Description's font color to white:

You can see above in the Example it basically just looks blank now and the report now looks like this:

/DwRyznsXMrVRAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

In terms of just displaying a date in the charts section, the only option right now is to just drag in the dimension by itself into Auto-Chart (which defaults to Treemap), but this of course doesn't look very pretty by default:

/wfK9ni7Q7GN7AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

However, it is possible to do this with a treemap, and make it look better, it just requires some extra steps:

• First you need to put a metric into the colour field so you can access the colour settings and override them to be just white

22741_image-2018-04-11-10-42-17-730

• Next go to the label settings and set the font you want

22742_image-2018-04-11-10-42-50-753

• Turn off the legend

22743_image-2018-04-11-10-43-12-266

• Turn off the tooltips

22744_image-2018-04-11-10-43-56-902

And then you get this chart:

22745_image-2018-04-11-10-44-13-999

There is an existing Idea item to create either something like a Text Display Chart (as opposed to the Numeric Display Chart), or make it so that we have a Parameter Replacement text box option that can return a string within a multi-chart canvas, that you can vote on and reference here for potential future updates. This would of course be simpler than the steps listed above. I've also gone ahead and made note in our internal task you'd like to see this implemented.

Finally, there is no UI option to turn titles on/off in Dashboards. However, after doing some research and testing, I've determined that this is possible via a short custom CSS script. To accomplish this just add the attached CSS file to your customcss folder found in <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/customcss.

Original:

CSS script added and page reloaded:

/A5lBZyxGi+nZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It should be noted that this will apply globally, so it will affect all your dashboards.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know how goes and whether you have any questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mike

Thank you for your help. I was on the treemap route - but your info about the metrics helped. So i was able to turn it white - the background. However, when I hover over it the background turns yellow. Tooltips are off and I did change the background color. How do i turn the hover off?

photo

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to turn that hover off. It looks like that's jQuery, not CSS, so I don't think you can just enter a CSS script to stop that from happening. I've reached out to the dev team in the task on this though.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Michelle,

You can add the following CSS snippet either to the previously provided CSS file, or create a separate one containing the following:

div.reportChart[data-subcharttype="TREEMAP"] canvas { pointer-events:none;}

This too will be applied globally. Hopefully this helps!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike. I have the workarounds for this and you have been helpful. You can close this ticket.

photo

Hi Michelle,

That's good to hear! Will do.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file