Modify the navigation bar for consumers

Austin Hart shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I'm on 8.0 I would like to modify the navigation bar so the consumer only sees 3 reports I have created with access to nothing else. First round is simple and all a consumer can do at this point is just view report.

Is the left navigation bar handled in the css? OR is there another way to just have it show 3 report names on the left side. they cannot be subtabs of one dashboard because they use different filters.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Michelle,

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do here, so I am going to assume you mean, that you would like to place 3 reports as shown here?

5ba1ddea282a7f4177c976331644dd0c

If this is the case, then this is not directly possible within Yellowfin UI itself, however you could do this by using Yellowfin in an integrated way. We have a guide on this, which you can find here or specific information on this with version 8 here.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hello - yes - that is pretty much it. We are going to be launching yellowfin into it's own browser and was wanting to limit what a consumer can see and do. Really don't want them to browse or see reports individually. just the dashboard.

I can talk to our rep and get more info also.

Thanks

michelle

photo
photo

Hi Michelle,

No problems and thanks for clarifying this. I believe the integration is the way forward with this. I will leave it with you for now, but please get back to me if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Michelle,

Just checking in on this ticket to see if you need any more help or happy to close this off for now?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

You can close the ticket - thank you

Leave a Comment

Attach a file