Connect to a SQL Synonym

Keith Wheldon shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Our Information Management dept has created some tables (as Synonyms) on the SQL server. However, when i try to connect to the Synonyms they are not visible. Is this something that Yellowfin cannot do??

Kind regards

Keith

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Keith,

Thank you for reaching out with this question.

I would like to verify how you are attempting to connect to the SQL synonym.

If you could elaborate on this process that should be helpful.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Keith,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Jared,

I think Jason Human from your side was looking into this further as well. I am tring to connect via a transformational flow aspect, however, the option to see the Synonym table is not there.. it just cannot see it, i use the Extract from Single Table .. however, if there is another way to connect to a Synonym on SQL then i would be happy to hear.

Kind regards

Keith

photo

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your patience.

I have reached out to our development team in regards to this. Yellowfin doesn't currently have the functionality to interact with SQL Synonyms and is not currently planned.

However I have been informed of a workaround. The workaround is to simply use a View instead of the SQL Synonym. Your queries will point to the view just like it would the synonym.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Keith,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hello Keith,

I wanted to check-in as I haven't heard back in a while. Have you been able to review my responses?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Keith,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be marking this question as answered due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else we can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file