Add Title to Numeric Display Chart?

Hannah Combs shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I have a numeric display chart on a dashboard - in order for my drill-through functionality to work, I need to classify it as a numeric display. However, I can only add a title (abc button option appears in ribbon) if I classify the chart as "auto chart." When I add a title to the report, it shows up separately - ideally I would like this to function as a title with words and then a large number that drills through.

Is it possible to add a title to numeric display charts?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out. You cannot add a title to a Numeric Display Chart directly, but I can go ahead and convert this to an Idea item and submit an enhancement request for this for further consideration. Would you like me to go ahead and do so?

That said, there is a way to accomplish what you're after that is pretty straight forward: you can create a multi-chart report, accomplished by clicking the '+' button towards the bottom right of the Report Builders' Charts section, so that you then have the multi-chart canvas where you can add a text widget with your fields' title separately, like so:

/AYfaZaFTjEX9AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

/D+c96nIMmpB7wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

This gives you the ability to put a title over your Numeric Display Chart, so that you can still use the chart Drill Through functionality.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Hannah,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike - this worked, you can close the ticket! Thanks.

photo

Hi Hannah,

Great! Thanks for confirming. Will do.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file