column width different in report vs. dashboard

Dim Pap shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

Hi,

I have a report in a dashboard. In the 1st picture you can see the report in a random page and in the second page the width of the third column changes as the 'error message' has a bigger length.

In the third page you can see the width column in the report level which does not change. I have set the width of the column in the report settings.

How can I set the dashboard to look like the report and not to change the column width according to the data? (the height of the column will change of course)

ps I use version 7.3

Thanks,

Dim

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Dim,

Thanks for posting the question.

I would like to advise you that there is an enhancement request logged into our system.

Reference ID is 165517.

Sorry I do not have any ETA, and will update you once this is implemented.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahe

photo

Was this ever implementd?

Because i'm having this issue now and am wondering if there's a setting somewhere.

photo

Hi Daniel,

The dashboard still functions the same. The problem is we have report portlets that resize columns so that things don't get squashed, in most cases it's better than the alternative.

However in saying this....8.1 will allow dashboard canvas so reports can be resized freely, which should then respect the report column widths.

So while there is no change right now, it will be reviewed for future 8.1 releases.

Sorry for the bad news!

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file