How to Provide where clause condition in Sql Query of a View

Sairamreddy shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellow Fin Team,

How can we specify a where clause condition while creating a View.

If you click on Model Tab of a View, will see all the Tables with there relations, Click on Table settings, we can make use of conditions but this is used only for particular Table not for the entire SQL statement.

Scenario : I have Table with status as Priority 1 (5 Records), Priority 2 (5 Records) and some data with Null (5 Records), The data with null value should be updated to Priority 2.

So when i make count while processing report it should show

Priority 1 (5 Records), Priority 2 (10 Records)

But its not possible directly if i use and Calculated fields then also its not able to sum.

Kindly required your help

Thank You.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Sairamreddy,

Unfortunately I am a bit confused as to what you are looking for here. Would you be interested in scheduling a time to screen-share? If so, please let me know what time works best for you. I am on United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your response,

I will be available from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM IST, In between these timings we can have a session or else you can send me any other timing with which you will be comfortable so that i will plan accordingly.

Regards,

Sairam.K

photo

Hi Sairam,

I have sent you an invitation for 7:30PM IST tomorrow, please let me know if this does not work for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I will be available in this time to have a session with you.

Thanks & Regards

Sairam.K

photo

Hi Nathen, Thank you for the Session.

We discussed regarding the issue of Is Null function and is fixed now.

But we required how to apply Where Clause in the Query.

Request you to send us the fix for Out of Memory issue that you have seen with in session.

Regards

photo

Hi Sairam,

Glad to hear that! Here is a link to an article on how to adjust the perm gen settings within Yellowfin:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-outofmemoryerror-permgen-space-thread-97443

I will look into the "where clause" issue and get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Sairam,

Applying a where clause in the view query depends highly on what you are trying to achieve, what exactly would you like to filter on through this clause?

Typically the best way to apply filters over the entire view is to employ access filters which allow you to limit data by what user/client organization is accessing the data. http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Access+Filters

Other than this, your best bet will be to apply these filters at the report level.

From my understanding the "null values" and "where clause" are separate issues, can you please elaborate a bit on this?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Sairam,

Have you had any luck in resolving this?

One additional thought here is to employ filter groups, which make the application of common filters far simpler than creating them for each report. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help here.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Sairam,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan,

You can proceed towards closure of this topic.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file