How to count number of rows associated with a unique ID?

Holly Rooney shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I am trying to manipulate a report to count the number of rows associated with a unique ID from one specific column. I have looked at calculated fields and formatting features but am struggling to figure it out.Thanks!

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Holly,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

To count rows within a report you can use the aggregation tool which allows you to do a count on column data.

In my below example I have taken a 'Athlete ID' and there 'Invoice Amount' both Count and SUM. This shows the ID, the number of invoice and the sum total of the athletes invoices.

01015b01f0a2638da053fc92a761435f

To do this I selected the dropdown arrow next to my field and selected count from the aggregation list. (See below).

9115c0203ecb152ef9180746e976edda

Please can you try giving this a go, if it doesn't provide the desired results please let me know and we can look through alternative options such as calculated fields or Freehand SQL.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Hi Holly,

Hope you are well.

I wanted to check in and see if my previous response has helped with your query. Please let me know if you need any further assistance or you are happy for me to mark this as 'Answered'.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Hi Holly,

I just wanted to check in to see if you required any further assistance with your query?

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

photo

Hi Holly,

I have now marked this questions as answered. If you do have any questions please feel free to re-open this question.

Kind regards,

Nathan Goddard

Leave a Comment

Attach a file