Individually translating content

Nick shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I think the documnetation needs updating around how to individually translating content:

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/Translating+Content+Individually

Can you advise how to create individual content translation for a View? I can't follow the steps on the wiki as the options are no longer there or interface has changed since 7.3 onwards.

Regards,

Nick

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Nick,

Yes the Document is not correct (I will need to get the Wiki guru to fix that).

There seems to be an issue in version 8, however in 7.3 / 7.4 you should be able to find this in the View Summary as follows.

ae2489f3445402fef25cf9d79eed171aLet me know if this helps please.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for looking into this.

I was able to find it in 7.1 but not 7.3.

I tried making some changes to the view to see if it would trigger the option to create the translation file, such as adding some options under Admin Console > Region > Language as well as changing my preferred language in Profile Settings, but I still couldn't see the link appearing.

The way you seem to be accessing it seems different to mine. i.e I have to edit the view, and in the view builder, click on 'i' at the top.

I will check with my peers today to see if they know anything about it. It seems this option is different between the 2 of us?

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

It's very possible a bug as it was fixed in 7.3 November (20171201_1721), so maybe just check the info.jsp and see what version you are running.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that.

I haven't had time to look into this but I'll try provide an update soon.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

No problems. Leave it with you.

Thanks,

photo

Hi Nick,

Did you get a chance to look at this?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the assistance.

I forgot about about this one. Happy to let it go as I'm busy with other things at the moment.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hey Nick,

No worries at all. If you need to come back to it, just ping me.

Cheers,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file