Broadcast FTP - Allow use of other delimiters and quotes around values

Nick shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

I believe this has only been made possible when exporting CSV locally (Active Report > Export) from 7.3 onwards. Can this also be added to Broadcast FTP?

Regards,

Nick

Replies (4)

photo

To clarify, when exporting csv reports, we can choose to have various chars as delimeters, and also the option to choose to have each cell value surrounded by quotes or double quotes.

We need the same functionalities to be added to Broadcast FTP.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

I hope all is well,

Just to clarify that little bit more, you are looking to have the below 2 options (red arrow) at Broadcast FTP > CSV level? Would this be correct?

f56240341db8f5911edcd3abb726b9fa

b2c5e27664f11de5eb62977657b0b442

I look forward to your confirmation.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the follow up.

Currently, when doing a Broadcast FTP, the file is uploaded with the following values:

Name, Surname

John, Smith

What we want is for the values to show as follows:

"Name";"Surname"

"John";"Smith"

Essentially, with double quotes surrounding cell values, and delimited by a semicolon

I've attached a screenshot with the desired feature that we want (these being already available for report > export >csv).

But again, I think it would make more sense to allow the user to 'customise' the FTP broadcast file, similar to the export csv function instead of having it hardcoded like it is at the moment i.e values are separated with comma only.

I hope this helps clarify?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the more detailed information, I will now go ahead and get this logged as an Enhancement. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file