Broadcast Filtering to multiple users

Alexandre Oudea shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

wHi,

I’m a beginner at using Yellowfin, but my assignment requires me to broadcast a report to over 50 different users. Each of the ‘users’ are representing a different country. I am aware that by adding filters I will be able to send the appropriately filtered report to the respective user.

However, I was wondering if there is a way to expediate the process. Rather than add 50 filters or filter 50 times each time I broadcast, is there a way to pre-assign a filter to a recipient? That way I can send out a broadcast once to all 50 users simultaneously.

Thank you for your time and help in this matter.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for getting in touch.

From what I can gather you need to restrict the output of the report to different users and the report would be based on where they are located? If this is correct, then you can use Access Filters to do this. Please take a look a our WIKI here for more information on how to do this.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi paul thank You for your help I will try the access filter function. Once again thanks for the asisstance

photo

Hi Alexandre,

No problems. I believe it should do what you need it to do. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I'm really sorry to bother you again, i've checked out the wiki and i understand how to create an access filter,

However, I am unsure on how to assign it to a report. Ive read the wiki section on this issue but am unable to understand

the explaination. Also i forgot to mention that this is exactly the feature i needed so thanks for that :)

photo

Hi Alexandre,

You must assign it to the View first. So you need to follow the steps as outline here. If they are not in the view then you cannot use them in the report.

i.e. Here is an example using an access Filter on the Ski Team view on the Country Field.

ad8e503371e8a85746d724e070a86c77Once this has been done and the view saved, then just follow the assigning to a report section here.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Alexandre,

Just checking in on this ticket to see if you need any more help?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

So sorry for the late reply, as of now I have contacted another of your colleagues regarding another issue with access filters and he has asked to share screen with me. I hope to be able to clear all issues in one go with him, hence I will mark this ticket as complete.

Thank you for your support,

Alexandre

photo

Hi Alexandre,

No worries. Just get back to me if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file